CALL NOW FOR FREE & PAID OPTIONS 800-481-6965 Who Answers?
HomeSymptoms & SignsI’m Experiencing Withdrawal Symptoms: Do I Need Alcohol Addiction Treatment?

I’m Experiencing Withdrawal Symptoms: Do I Need Alcohol Addiction Treatment?

If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms after attempting to stop drinking, you will need to attend alcohol addiction treatment, as well as receive professional detox help from a rehab program. Call 800-481-6965 (Who Answers?) now to find rehab centers where you can recover from alcohol abuse and addiction.

Why Do I Need Treatment?

According to the National Library of Medicine, “Physical dependence” emphasized by withdrawal symptoms is one of the four signs of alcoholism or alcohol dependence.

Experiencing Withdrawal Symptoms

Alcohol withdrawal can be dangerous and requires professional treatment.

When a person becomes so dependent on alcohol that they begin to experience withdrawal symptoms, they will require treatment. This is because the individual is also likely to experience the other issues associated with this disorder, including:

  • Cravings, or a strong need to drink
  • A loss of control over alcohol use, or the inability to stop drinking once they have started
  • Tolerance, or the need to drink more and more every time in order to feel the same effects they used to feel

All of these issues are signs that you are not only abusing alcohol but that you are addicted to it. It is unlikely you will be able to quit safely and fully on your own without any kind of professional treatment. In addition, you will also need treatment for your withdrawal symptoms, which should be the first priority associated with your recovery.

  • Alcohol withdrawal can be extremely dangerous for certain individuals, causing a severe syndrome called delirium tremens. According to the NLM, this syndrome is a “medical emergency,” and while it does not occur in every patient, it is very difficult to predict and could happen without warning.
  • Even those who do not experience delirium tremens struggle with their withdrawal symptoms. The symptoms can be painful, uncomfortable, and (sometimes) deadly. Many people return to abusing the substance and others can experience severe medical issues. It is much safer to attend treatment at a professional rehab or detox center for withdrawal, then to attend addiction treatment afterward.

What Should I Do?

Once you begin experiencing alcohol withdrawal symptoms, it isn’t safe to be on your own. Your symptoms could become much more dangerous without warning or you could relapse back to alcohol abuse. In addition, you will need alcoholism treatment, and those who detox at home are often less likely to seek out the professional care they need afterward.

The safest thing to do at this moment is to find a rehab or detox center where you can slowly and safely withdraw from alcohol. Professionals will care for you and ensure that you receive the further treatment you require in order to fully recover from your addiction, and you can begin to live a life without the burdens caused by substance abuse.

Do You Need Alcohol Abuse Treatment?

If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms, call 800-481-6965 (Who Answers?) now to find help for withdrawal and addiction immediately. We will help you find the safest and most reliable rehab centers where you can work with the staff to build the best treatment for you. Call today.

Why You Need Treatment for Your Binge Drinking

© Copyright 2024 All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Calls to any general helpline will be answered or returned by one of the treatment providers listed, each of which is a paid advertiser: ARK Behavioral Health, Recovery Helpline, Alli Addiction Services.

By calling the helpline you agree to the terms of use. We do not receive any commission or fee that is dependent upon which treatment provider a caller chooses. There is no obligation to enter treatment.

Who Answers?